Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Power of Remembering blog. What comes to mind when you think about the power of remembering? It is our hope that the power of remembering will bring healing, help shape your story, honor God, and help us all experience more joy. It has been surprising to me how often the power of remembering has come to my mind over the last month.

I’m often present or future oriented, so I don’t often think about the past. I need to be intentional about taking time to remember past events in my life and how those have shaped me into who I am today. The personal narrative I completed for the leadership class I participated in at church helped me to examine my life and figure out how God has shaped me. It is interesting to see how different people remember different things. What do you remember from the past? What are your most vivid memories from your childhood? What has impacted you the most? How has God used those memories to shape you?

No comments: