Thursday, January 29, 2009

Remembering your home town

What was it like growing up in your home town? I have many good memories of my home town of Greene, Iowa. It's close to orange and blue for those of you wondering. Just kidding. Here are some thoughts from my dad about the wonderful small town of Greene, Iowa:

I certainly think back to growing up in Greene and all of the good people that I came in contact with. There were never any thoughts of violence or fear for your safety. It was Greene, Iowa where everyone knew everyone and looked out for each other, especially for each others’ children.

After Jesus healed the demon possessed man in Luke 8, he tells him, "Return home and tell how much God has done for you." So the man went away and told all over town how much Jesus had done for him.

No comments: